The Unitarian Universalist Church of the Highlands (UUCH) is a vibrant multigenerational, lay-led congregation located in southwestern Virginia. We are an active and growing church, full of passionate and committed members and friends, grounded in the history and heritage of liberal religion . Our shared ministry enlists the whole church family in living out the values we proclaim. At home, at church, and in the greater community, we strive to make a world that is based on mutual understanding and respect. The UUCH provides a welcoming, diverse community that nurtures each person's life-long spiritual journey, creates a place of peace and celebration and strives for social justice as well as sustainable living. We seek to create lives of integrity, service, and joy.
Service begins each Sunday morning at 10:30 AM, from September until June. Nursery services are provided.
Open minds and free discussion are encouraged
Unitarian Universalist Church of the Highlands - Our Principles
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregation
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregation and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
For Additional Information concerning the UUCH firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about Unitarian Universalists www.uua.org